Aviantes Framework - Changelog
Current version: V1.1.4
- Server: Database import files can now be localized by creating different
versions for different languages and countries. For this the different versions
are name with extensions like the ResourceBundle files.
- Dialogs based on the class StandardDialog can now be closed by key strokes.
- Adaptations for the designer.
- Server: The new attribute ignoreCustomTags for the database tag within
a database description file sets whether custom tags should be ignored within the
file and don't induce errors anymore.
- XML-Panel: The password widget has the new attribute encryptPassword, which
sets whether the password should be encrypted or not.
- The class WebContextCreator doesn't create path, docBase and cachingAllowed
attributes anymore within the context.xml.
- Server: Spelling mistakes for the English language corrected.
- Method applyDefaultValue() for setting the default value in one widget has
been added to the class WidgetGroup.
- XML-Panel: No exception will occur anymore at the XML-Browser-Panel, if an
refresh is performed at a pre selector combobox.
- XML-Panel: No exception will occur anymore during initialization of a search
dialog if this dialog has combo boxes, which get their data from joined tables
and if the incremental search is activated.
- Server: The environment configuration of the application can now be performed
by using a web page provided by the application. So it isn't necessary anymore to
set the parameters in the configuration file of the application container (server.xml
at the Tomcat). Consequently the restart of the container is unnecessary now.
A unique application id has to be provided at the server configuration file
application_setup.xml, if this new functionality should be used. This new mechanism
also offers the possibility to change the log parameters during runtime, e.g. the
log level. An example jsp page for configuring the parameters is provided within
the example projects (settings.jsp). The old configuration mechanism can still
- Server: ServerEventListener can now be registered for the class
DefaultServerApplication. These listener will be informed about state changes of
the server application.
- XML-Panel: Hidden-Widget can now be used as master widget.
- Client: The client automatically determines the network protocol for the
connection to the server now (e.g. http or https). If the client is directly started
the protocol can be set by using the command line argument -protocol.
- It is no longer possible to define the name of the main server log file with
the environment variable server.log.name at the application container. Instead
this name is now configured in the server configuration file application_setup.xml
with the attribute logName in the configuration tag. If no value is provided there,
the default name ServerApplication will be used.
- Likewise it is no longer possible to define the name of the client log file with
the environment variable client.log.name at the application container. Instead
this name is now configured in the client configuration file client_setup.xml
with the attribute logName in the configuration tag. If no value is provided there,
the default name Client will be used.
- XML-Panel: Problems in the context of multi selection of data records at
the XMLBrowserPanel have been corrected.
- XML-Panel: The background color of the combobox widget is now correctly set
when the content of the combobox can be edited.
- XML panel: Date widget is now cleared when the panel enters the new state and
no default value has been configured.
- XML panel: Error in the table browser of the XML-Browser-Panels has been
corrected. An exception occured when a data record in the table without a sorter was
- XML panel: Localization in the browser of the XML-Browser-Panels works
- Server: It is now possible to implement an own user authentification. For this
a class has to be created which implements the interface LoginAuthenticator.
The created class has to set in the server classes settings
(serverclasses.properties) with the key server.loginAuthenticator.class.
- Server: If the server log file could not be opened, a further error message
will appear the standard output. Moreover the server start will be canceled in this
case and the information that the server could not be started will be displayed in
- Server: The server start is logged more detailed in the server log file.
- Widgets: Further variables for the user number or date/time values can be
used within the where condition for getting the data at combo box widgets. This is
also possible within the SQL statement.
- Widgets: Action-Listeners can now be added to file button widgets. These
listeners are called when a file has been selected in the file selection dialog.
- Client: An Icon for the main frame and for dialogs can be specified now with
the attribute frameImage in the configuration file for the client (client_setup.xml).
- Client: The edit menu has two new menu items for closing all opened modules
and for closing all opened modules except the active one.
- Server: Serious errors (Throwable) are now logged at server start.
- Widgets: The number field widget uses now # as default pattern.
- Error in the class RecordControl has been corrected.
- The text localization within the configuration tag at XML panels and -dialogs
works correctly now.
- The class attribute doesn't need to be handled anymore in the method
setAttribute in self implemented widgets. This attribute isn't committed to the
- If the client is configured as MDI application, modules in the menu tree
will be displayed now even if they are at the top level within the tree.
- Up to now it was possible for every user to use every tenant. This has been
changed. Now a role has to be assigned the right to use a certain tenant. In the
role management module these rights have to be assigned after an update to this
version. Otherwise the access to tenants is not possible anymore. If no tenants
have been used up to now, no measures will be necessary.
- Client: New general configuration file has been added. This file has the name
client_setup.xml and has to reside in the top level directory of the client class
- Client: It is now possible to set the title of the client main frame. This
title can contain variables for the user, the role, and the tenant.
- Client: The status line in the client contains now the active tenant.
- Client: An image can now be placed on the login dialog. This image is
specified in the new configuration file client_setup.xml with the attribute
loginImage. The attribute loginImageInsets sets the insets around this image.
Additionally it is now possible to set the login dialog size with the attribute
- Client: Additionally an image can now be placed in the top right corner of
every module. This image is spacified in the new configuration file client_setup.xml
with the attribute moduleImage. The attribute moduleImageInsets sets the insets
around this image.
- Client: The attribute obligatoryBackgroundColor in the configuration file
client_setup.xml sets the background color of obligatory input fields.
- Client: Input in the login dialog can now be confirmed by pressing the enter
- Client: A new tab for preselecting role and tenant after login exists in the
client settings now. Moreover it can be set whether this preselection should
automatically be applied so that the user does not have to select role and tenant
anymore during login.
- Client: Texts in the input fields inside the login dialog are selected when
the field gets the focus.
- XML modules: A new attribute with the name systemModule is now available in
module XML files. It marks whether a client module is a system module or not. System
modules access only the system database and not any tenant databases. Self
implemented modules normally are not system modules. Therefore marking these modules
is not necessary because this is the default.
- Server: Further parameters can be set inside the new tag configuration in the
server configuration file. The attribute allowTenantCreationInSystemDB sets whether
the system database should be set up as tenant, if no further tenant databases are
- Server: It is now stored in the session when this session has been started.
This information is shown in the web too.
- Documentation: Description of the new client configuration file has been added
(Configuration/Client configuration). Description of the client class has been added
- Tenants are no longer generally available to all users. Now a role must have
the right to use certain tenants. Tenants can be assigned to roles in the roles
management module. Therefore the tenant selection is no longer performed in the login
dialog. Instead a further dialog for role and tenant selection appears after
successful login. It will be possible to login even if no tenants exist (or no
rights are given to use them). But in this case only system modules (administration
modules) can be opened. These system modules always access the system database
and don't need any tenant. If a user has one role and one or none tenant for this
role, the dialog for choosing role and tenant will not appear.
- Client: Border in the status line of the client has been changed.
- Client: The size of the table in the user editing panel can now be changed
(panel uses a splitpane). Furthermore deleting a user don't delete the record in the
database table anymore. Instead the record is marked as deleted.
- Client: An exception will not occur anymore during the transition from the
edit mode to the information mode in the module management, if the table with the
roles is sorted according to the last column.
- Client: Search result information has been corrected in the history window.
- Client: Search result information has been corrected in the bookmark window.
- Client: Search result information has been corrected in the search dialog.
- Client: The client log file will now correctly be closed, if the first login is
- Server: The exception that the class MasterPanel couldn't be found don't occur
anymore when deleting slave data records and using Java 6.
- All Resource-Bundle texts are now available in an English version.
- Server: It is now possible to use any desired DataSource-Factory classes for
creating DataSource objects. Another class can be set in the classes configuration
file serverclasses.properties by using the parameter server.dataSourceFactory.class
if this is desired. This class must implement the interface
If no parameter is set the Apache DBCP will be used to create DataSource objects.
If another implementation is used the jar archives commons-dbcp.jar and
commons-pool.jar won't be necessary anymore.